Welcome to AusDoc.PLUS.
Why Plus? The site adds together Australian Doctor trusted, up-to-the-minute news with the best of the wider network. This includes:
- High-quality CPD-accredited clinical guidance from How to Treat
- Unique doctor-written opinion and analysis from Medical Observer
- Expert practice and business guidance from SmartPractice
- Sharp news summaries from 6minutes
- In-depth coverage of specialist medicine via Specialist Updates
By combining our best bits in a single digital destination, we’re adding more to your daily reading, without adding anything extra to your day.
We’re making it quicker and easier for you to stay on top of what matters — from the latest headlines, to agenda-setting discussions, to your triennial CPD requirements.
Whatever platform you engage with us on our vision and mission remain the same:
- We believe doctors are the cornerstone of the Australian health system, and recognise that quality primary care is a major determinant of the health of a society.
- We acknowledge the challenges faced by general practitioners within the complex Australian healthcare system, and use our voice to enhance the work and lives of doctors and their patients.
- We inform, educate and engage Australian GPs about all aspects of their professional lives, foster the GP community, lead discussion and work for a strong general practice and wider medical community.
Australian Doctor magazine
We publish the most-read weekly magazine for Australian GPs, covering everything affecting general practice. If you are interested in receiving the magazine, please click here
The best way to stay up-to-date is to subscribe to our daily e-newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox, by clicking here to go to your profile page where you can manage your email newsletter subscriptions.
Our Editorial Independence
Australian Doctor Group’s award-winning editorial team has always been independent, with editors making daily decisions on the content published in the company’s various publications, regardless of commercial, political or personal interests, including those of any proprietors, board members or advertisers.
Its editorial staff are committed to the highest editorial standards, abiding by the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics which requires journalists to commit themselves to the principles of honesty, fairness, independence and respect for the rights of others.
You can read the full code here. https://www.meaa.org/meaa-media/code-of-ethics/
ADG’s commercial activities are designed to ensure the long-term future of our high-quality journalism. Due to its healthcare professional-only audience, ADG is legally allowed to accept advertising, content marketing and sponsorship from pharmaceutical companies.
It also accepts advertising, content marketing and sponsorship from other private and public organisations, such as government agencies, medical colleges, medical insurers and software companies.
ADG has a separate team of editors and producers who work on commercial content which is clearly labelled as sponsored, promoted or branded (with associated company logos) on our website and in our magazines to ensure our audience is aware they are engaging with paid for content.
Advertising, content marketing and sponsorship revenue streams make-up the standard business model for traditional publishers including major news organisations and medical publishers worldwide.